Monday, March 12, 2012

Training Wheels, or the Lack Thereof

So yesterday I decided to go out on a limb and take off Riley's training wheels. If we're being honest, it was as much because they weren't functioning very well as it was that I wanted to challenge her. Here's her first trip out sans training wheels yesterday -- needless to say, we were pretty impressed.




Impressed...until today, when she blew us out of the water! Here's how she started the day:




And here's how she ended up. In total, she spent *maybe* 10 minutes on her bike yesterday, and another 10 minutes on her bike today, before she could do this.





I thought I'd mention that I credit her speedy learning to the Skuut we got her as a toddler. Here's a video of her on her Skuut

Old Skuutin' Video

and here she is on the same bike just hours before her first attempt on her bicycle with no training wheels.



No comments: